[pmwiki-users] authuser

Hans design at flutesong.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Jun 21 11:28:29 CDT 2005

Maybe my problem lies in a confusion of where and how to set the
password.

I just set in config.php
   $DefaultPasswords['edit'] = 'id:hans';

and it worked! The password for 'hans' is in local/.htpasswd.

It does not work if
   $DefaultPasswords['edit'] = crypt('apassword');

with a general default password for 'edit' set, the password for an
individual username does not work. Only the general one, and then it
does not matter what username is entered.

so it seems I would need to create a password file with a list of
users and passwords, and enable them by setting
$DefaultPasswords[edit] = 'id:user1,user2,user3,etc';
??
or am I missing here something?

Best,
~Hans