[pmwiki-users] discussion pages?

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Tue Jun 21 10:30:32 CDT 2005

At 2005-06-20  03:50 PM -0500, Jon Haupt is rumored to have said:
>You could even create a button that automatically creates a link to a
>talk/comments page by using something like this and put it in a menu:
>
>[[{$Name}-comments | Comments]]

What I would like to do is put this markup into the page footer or header.
But that then leads to the comments pages having comments links like
Page-comments-comments.

Is there any PmWiki markup that can do string manipulation on page names?

In particular, I would like to be able to say something like:

       (:if  {$Name} does not end with "-comments":) insert comment link
(:endif:)

And going one step further, make automatic backlinks:

         (:if  {$Name} does not end with "-comments":)
                 insert comment link
         (:else:)
                 insert link to {$Name} minus last 9 characters
         (:endif:)

To get this to work smoothly will probably require including group names,
but I can solve that later.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/