Cookbook -was [pmwiki-users] PmWiki/DocumentationIndex

Hans design at flutesong.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Jun 19 12:32:43 CDT 2005

Sunday, June 19, 2005, 4:39:46 PM, Patrick wrote:
>> ||*[[link 1]] || explanation one ||
>> ||*[[link 2]] || explanation two ||
>>
>> this would look a lot easier in markup.

> What would it generate on output (in HTML)?  Should it really be
> generating table cells containing unordered lists of one item each?

That would do it for this case. Output:
etc.

If possible allowing the first appearance of a * to generate a list,
which would give the possibility to have the list element in another
column. If this is not possible the first cell in the row with a *
will get a list of one element.

I suppose if one wanted to have longer lists in one cell one would use
advanced table syntax.

>> ||*[[link 1]] ||*[[link 2]] ||
>> ||*[[link 3]] ||*[[link 4]] ||
>>
>> This all looks a lot easier than the html output!

> Yes, but it won't parse as a wikitrail.

But if ||* would generate a cell with a list with one element this may
work, even if it would not parse as a trail. Might still be useful.

I can't see a way how this could be applied to ordered lists though.
I can't see a html solution to this either.
But it may not matter much.

Why was it easier with an old typewriter using the tab key? :)

Best,
~Hans