[pmwiki-users] PmWiki/FAQ

Hans design at flutesong.fsnet.co.uk
Sat Jun 18 08:51:18 CDT 2005

Saturday, June 18, 2005, 5:54:57 AM, Patrick wrote:
> Honestly, I'm just not sure what to do with the FAQ.

I propose that all the current content gets scrapped,
a note put in at the top with links to other pages
answering questions, like [[Cookbook]] and
PmWiki/DocumentationIndex, and about asking questions
on this list rather than posting in the page.

Then have that followed if necessary or possible with a list
of questions and answers, all edited, by importance, as
a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Many cookbook pages are structured as Question and Answer, which is
great. But it is becoming more and more difficult of finding answers
in the growing documentation and ad-on cookbook scripts.
Especially finding things on the Cookbook page I find is becoming very
hard, and I find myself often reading through the whole list of
sentences to hunt for that piece of info I did hear about somewhere...

So I don't really know what Frequently Asked Questions are.
But the current practice of posting questions on the FAQ page
is very unsatisfying, since the questions posed often do not get
answered. And it is people posting there who need support but have not
found their way to this list. Maybe it needs a page
AskYourQuestionsHere, and that page need to be monitored all the time
and cleaned up periodically, acting in similar ways as this support
list.

Best,
~Hans