[pmwiki-users] SideBarVi status (was: page title oddities)

Clytie Siddall clytie at riverland.net.au
Fri Jun 17 22:18:33 CDT 2005

Hi everybody :)

Another wiki day. Anything could happen. ;)

On 18/06/2005, at 3:27 AM, Hans wrote:

> On pmwiki.org Clytie created a new sidebar for PmWikiVi group, all
> with fancy utf-8 coded characters.

<blush>  :)

Thanks to both Hans and Pm for sorting out the sidebar title oddity.
Huge thanks to Han for being my mentor in translating PmWiki. I
really appreciate the help. :)

In my Sidebar, what I've done to make all the links useful is rename
all the English link text in Vietnamese, and only change the links to
the Vi directory once that page is translated. For example, if a
Vietnamese user clicks on the Vietnamese for DocumentationIndex
currently, it will go to the English page, which is much better than
being a blank page, since I haven't translated that page yet. I'm
working my way down from the top. :)

I have a suggestion, which I hope is OK. I renamed the heading for
the languages list from "Other languages" to simply "Languages", and
included English in the list. I think this is more inclusive, and
means people using one language won't lose quick access to the
English pages. I'd recommend doing this on the other languages'
sidebars, as well, including the main English one.

I hope that's OK. It makes more sense to me: if your primary language
is not English, then English is not the main language, and your
language is not an "other language". Just using "Languages" and
listing them all, covers the user base more effectively.

Now to translation... <sound of running boots and electric pencil-
shavers>

Việt hóa phần mềm tự do)

Clytie Siddall--Renmark, in the Riverland of South Australia

Ở thành phố Renmark, tại miền sông của Nam Úc