[pmwiki-users] How do I change the background image?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Jun 17 13:08:09 CDT 2005

On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 12:52:20PM -0500, David Sovinski wrote:
> Thank you. It does help to know the right questions to answer :-)
>
> I am using the default pmwiki skin. Nothing fancy (yet);
>
> I would like to change the background image behind the entire page
> content including sidebar, header and footer
> I already have the logo working

There are several ways to do this, but the easiest may be to simply
use a css file.  In the file pub/css/local.css (create the file and
directory as needed), place the line:

    body { background: url(/path/to/background.image); }

> You question produced two thoughts.
> 1) Is there a way to specify a default background image across a wiki
> site (background of entire page content)? (This is the one I'm
> interested in for now)

The above would do it for the entire site.

> 2) Is there a way to set the default background image so it changes when
> the group changes (again for the page content)?

You can do the same thing in per-group .css files.  For example,
to change the background only for the "Main" group, put the above
line in the pub/css/Main.css file.

There are always ways to do each of the above from within local
configuration files (i.e., local/config.php), if you're interested.