[pmwiki-users] Utility pages

Radu radu at monicsoft.net
Wed Jun 15 13:38:30 CDT 2005

Site is way more task-specific than Main.

At 12:20 PM 6/15/2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>  I'll pose the question:  How many existing
>sites are actually doing or considering this?  It's now worth noting
>that we have at least one example of a site that is using "Wiki" as a
>group name to hold pages about wikis (not about administration of
>the wiki).

I always thought that the main part of a wiki is its content, not the
functional context provided in the group so far called Main. Just because
some early compiler builders and their dogmatic-ontological descendents
thought that the first step into a program is the main part, it doesn't
follow that's what the real life meaning of Main.

So by all means, if making that name a variable is not feasible, I would
prefer Site to Main. It also gives way more meaning to names like:

   Site.AllRecentChanges         Site.ApprovedUrls         Site.SideBar
   Site.Search                   Site.PageList             Site.Map

Cheers,
Radu
(www.monicsoft.net)