[pmwiki-users] Utility pages

Jonathan Scott Duff duff at pobox.com
Wed Jun 15 09:27:04 CDT 2005

On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 09:58:14AM -0400, Neil Herber wrote:
> At 2005-06-14  09:45 PM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
> >    1.  Where should the "utility" pages go (i.e., what should this
> >        utility group be called)?
>
> I would prefer to see PmUtil as the utility group. It is relatively short,
> it is unlikely to interfere with existing groups, and it says what it is.

I tend to agree.

I think that a generic term like "Site" or "Wiki" have a good chance
of being used by WikiAuthors/Admins.  A group with a Pm prefix is not
so likely to be used however.  :-)

So, anything like these is fine with me:

PmUtil		The best so far IMHO
PmAdmin		Maybe the second best. (abbr. PmWikiAdministrativeStuff)

PmVar
PmLib
PmEtc		eek! my unix is showing (all bad I think)

PmExtra		doesn't quite fit
PmOther		this too

PmGestalt	cute, but long

Or some other Pm-prefixed word that summarizes configuration pages,
auto-generated pages, "form" pages, pagelist pages, etc.

> My second choice would be Wiki.
> My reluctant third choice would be Site.

These would be my N+1 and N+2 choices (where N is the subset of group
names prefixed with Pm)

-Scott
--
Jonathan Scott Duff