[pmwiki-users] pmwiki-2.0.beta38 released, notes on future releases

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Jun 14 16:14:07 CDT 2005

I've just released pmwiki-2.0.beta38, which contains a minor bugfix
for sites that are using per-group subdirectories for storing pages.
(If you don't know what this means, or if you aren't using per-group
subdirectories for page storage, then this update doesn't affect you.)

Now, a few notes about future releases...

First, for those of you who have been submitting patches and suggested
improvements over the past couple of weeks, my sincere thanks and
apologies for the delays in responding.  I've been out of town a fair
bit over the past month for personal and business reasons, and I'm
just now getting caught up on the backlog.  I'll be adding those
here soon, as well as catching up on PITS entries that I haven't
been able to review.  So, there may be some more updates in the
very near future.

Secondly, I'm a bit tired of seeing "2.0.beta", and since things
seem to be fairly stable now and I don't expect many major internal
changes, I may go ahead and release PmWiki as "2.0.0" soon even if it's
missing some features I'd like to see included.  I can save those
extra features for a 2.0.x release.

I do plan to build in a standard wiki-page-action list, and related
to that we should figure out where to place the other "utility" pages
(as per recent discussions on pmwiki-users).  But once those are done
I may simply declare the beta series finished and move to an official
release sequence.

Comments, suggestions welcomed.