[pmwiki-users] Translating pmwiki and utf8 bug

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Tue Jun 14 13:26:37 CDT 2005

Clytie Siddall wrote:

> In the XLPageTemplate, [...] there are several strings which look
> like  this:
>
>   'SearchFor' => 'Results of searching for <em>$Needle</em>',
>   'SearchFound' =>
>    '$MatchCount pages found out of $MatchSearched pages searched.',
>
> These strings don't show you where to input the translation, and  there
> are two original strings to each line. What is the translator  supposed
> to do here, please?

1) These are simply two strings, one named 'SearchFor', the other
'SearchResult'. Technically, they are unrelated (though the names
indicate that they will be shown in the same context).
2) The $Needle, $MatchCount, $MatchSearched, or $Whatever stuff is a
placeholder for PmWiki to fill in. From the text above, I'd assume that
$Needle will be replaced by a search string, $MatchCount by the number
of pages on which the search term was found (an integer), and
$MatchSearched by the number of pages searched (also an integer).

Hope this gets you going. If not, feel free to ask :-)

Regards,
Jo