[pmwiki-users] Syntax questions

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Sun Jun 12 08:20:23 CDT 2005

>>Is there any reason why page location links can't start with a number, eg
>>

>Page location links become id= and name= attributes in HTML, and
>the HTML specification says that these must begin with a letter.
>(See http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/types.html#type-name.)

OK, that makes sense.  Thanks.  Bit of a pain though..

>Yes, please fix these up on pmwiki.org.  The documentation is supposed
>to be written such that the page links still work even if WikiWord links
>are disabled.

Will do.

>Which markups aren't working?  Keep in mind that if the previous line
>begins with "\\" then it means that the next line is treated as a
>continuation of the current line (with a line break inserted).

Can't remember what I found now.  Probably though whatever it was can be
explained by the rules above

OK, new syntax question: I want image control a little more like on
Wikipedia.  So I want to be able to choose thumbnail sizes, captions,
etc.  I'm wondering if it would make most sense to have a syntax using
(:Image:blah.jpg thumb=120:), rather than overloading the current attach
syntax?  Any thoughts on what the best solution is for this?

Thanks

Ed W