[pmwiki-users] Linking to pmwiki.php

Ugo Mariani ugo at sinet.it
Wed Jun 8 11:01:58 CDT 2005

On Wednesday 08 June 2005 16:51, zgrauer at earthlink.net wrote:
> I installed pmwiki and found out that it installs the program, pmwiki.php,
> in a subdirectory of my web root.
>
> So in order that people who come to my web site will be redirected to the
> wiki, I tried creating a symbolic link from index.html to
> pmwiki/pmwiki.php.
>
> I found out that when I do that, I first get several lines of error
> messages, and then the page is redirected to a non existing page
> http://pageurl (something like that).
>
> Is that expected behavior? Is there something I can do to link as I tried
> above? Maybe call the page index.php?
>
> Right now I do have an index.php that redirects using the php header
> function. However, the down side of that is that it takes longer to process
> (php on top of html) and it probably uses cpu without need.

Renaming pmwiki.php to index.php works, but you'll have to delete it and
rename pmwiki.php again everytime you upgrade.

A more elegant solutiion is to include pmwiki, like this:
Create a index.php file in you document root, with the following text:

<?php include('path/to/pmwiki.php'); ?>

This should do the trick, and you don't have to rename anything when you
upgrade.

-Ugo

--