[pmwiki-users] Google: sitemap_gen.py

Monty pmwiki at ioioi.us
Mon Jun 6 13:02:05 CDT 2005

"Google Sitemaps is an experiment in web crawling. Using Sitemaps to
inform and direct our crawlers, we hope to expand our coverage of the
web and improve the time to inclusion in our index. By placing a
Sitemap-formatted file on your webserver, you enable our crawlers to
find out what pages are present and which have recently changed, and to
crawl your site accordingly."

"The sitemap_gen.py script analyzes your web server and generates one or
more Sitemap files. These files are XML listings of content you make
available on your web server. The files can then be directly submitted
to Google."

* https://www.google.com/webmasters/sitemaps/docs/en/faq.html#sitemaps
* http://sf.net/projects/goog-sitemapgen

How can pmwiki participate with Google in this endeavor?
Or should pmwiki ignore this Google thing?

:M: