[pmwiki-users] Re: wiki farm vs individual programs

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Fri Jun 3 13:00:11 CDT 2005

At 2005-06-03  12:27 PM -0500, Jon Haupt is rumored to have said:
>The only thing is, I don't know how to disable directory indexing for a
>particular directory.  I suppose I can find that in the Apache
>documentation somewhere?  That was basically the only thing I noticed when
>I followed your directions, is I was still able to browse around in the
>farm directory.

You can use Apache directives to control autoindexing, but if you are just
trying to suppress it in selected directories the easiest way is to insert
an index file (index.html, usually).  Apache will serve the index
(sometimes called default) file rather than perform auto indexing. You can
leave the file empty or put in any kind of content - it is just a regular
HTML file.

You could put in a message like "Hacker, be gone!"  :-)

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668