[pmwiki-users] off-topic: Behaviour of non-existiant home page (was: Nested groups)

Chris Lott chris.lott at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 10:19:44 CDT 2005

On 6/3/05, Hans <design at flutesong.net> wrote:

> re 3) I often use Group/Group as the index page for a new group,
> instead of having a Group/HomePage. I can link to it from pages simply
> typing [[Group]]. Same works now by entering in the address bar
> mysite.com/pathtowiki/Group which is very convenient.
> Group.Group is for me an alternative form of Group.HomePage

I would really like to get rid of this differentiation in my wiki
setups. Is there some way to enforce the creation of just one of
Group/Group or Group/HomePage and at the same time make Group/ always
work?

I just now realized that this has been causing problems for my users--
we always use Group/HomePage because that makes more "sense" but then
you can't use the convenient short group link of Group/ ...

Chris Lott