[pmwiki-users] Re: off-topic: Behaviour of non-existiant home page (was: Nested groups)

Hans design at flutesong.net
Fri Jun 3 07:02:39 CDT 2005

Friday, June 3, 2005, 12:46:00 PM, Neil wrote:
> The ONLY ways you can get PageNotFound to display is by entering a URL with
> an unknown page and group or a known group with no home page.

If I enter a nonexistent group plus nonexistent pagename in the
browser address bar it opens the edit window on the new page.

> Any link
> created on an existing page to an "unknown" page is automatically part of
> the linking page's group, and it always opens an edit window.

I find that most satisfying.

> I cannot see any disadvantage to having all "unfound" pages cause
> PageNotFound to be displayed. Is there one?

To be able to type in SomeGroup/SomeName and get a link which when
clicked opens the new page in edit mode is for me one of the essential
easy and quick ways to create pages. I don't need nor want an
in-between state of PageNotFound with various options.
The less I see of PageNotfound the better.
Quick page creation is for me fundamental wiki nature.

Best,
~Hans