[pmwiki-users] Nested groups

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Thu Jun 2 15:12:53 CDT 2005

At 2005-06-02  09:55 PM +0200, Joachim Durchholz is rumored to have said:
>One of the problems that Pm mentioned was "no good default policies when
>incomplete page names are given". I interpret this to mean things like: if
>the URL is pmwiki.php?n=Cookbook, it will be redirected to
>pmwiki.php?n=Cookbook.Cookbook. There's no good way to extend that kind of
>policy to a hierarchical group structure.

I was intrigued by the ideas in your post and so I tried an experiment. I
first entered this URL:
http://neil.eton.ca/wiki/index.php/Main/HomePage

This made me think that the default name (index page if you will) for an
"incomplete" name should be "HomePage" (I think the actual name is
controlled by a variable).

Then just for fun I extended the URL like this:

http://neil.eton.ca/wiki/index.php/Main/HomePage/Elsewhere

Which took me to a page asking me to define the content of Elsewhere.

The strange thing (to me at least) is that this looked like a hierarchical
page but in fact was a top level page in the new group "HomePage". I found
this out by doing a search for the term "elsewhere".

I'm not sure if this anything other than the blatantly obvious way that
PmWiki is supposed to work, but it did make me pause.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668