[pmwiki-users] setlocale() warning

Masschelein Bart masschel at imec.be
Wed Jun 1 11:55:33 CDT 2005

Hello guys!

I'm quite happy, tried several wikis over the last two weeks, to see which one could A) serve my needs, and B) run on the intranet at work. And PmWiki is the next in the row ;-). And it looks good, installed out of the box, which is always a nice thing to have. I use pmwiki-2.0.beta37. I get the following warning commands on top of the page:

 Warning: setlocale() [ function.setlocale <http://imecwww.imec.be/%7Ed6mm/pmwiki/function.setlocale> ]: Passing locale category name as string is deprecated. Use the LC_* -constants instead. in /imec/other/d6mm/public_html/pmwiki/pmwiki.php on line 118

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /imec/other/d6mm/public_html/pmwiki/pmwiki.php:118) in /imec/other/d6mm/public_html/pmwiki/pmwiki.php on line 704

When I look at the corresponding line 118, I see

if (preg_match('/^C$|\.UTF-?8/i',setlocale(LC_ALL,0)))
  setlocale(LC_ALL,'en_US');

so this seems ok.

Any idea? We have the safe mode for php on, but I'm not sure about the safe_mode_gid = On, I have to ask this.

I'm new to this list, so probably this question has been asked before, but I did not find it in the archive.

Thanks in advance!

Bart.