[pmwiki-users] Re: central european characters

H. Fox haganfox at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 18:47:14 CDT 2005

On 7/29/05, Anno <anno at shroomery.org> wrote:
> The problem I described was present in v 2.0b40.
> Today I updated to 2.0b52, and the problem is still present.
>
> In addition to this, now also the title of the page, both the title at the top
> of the browser screeen as the title in the navigation menu don't display those
> html entities correctly, since the ampersand symbol that builds the character
> &#268;
> gets converted to
> &amp;
> which shouldn't be.
>
> Example:
> http://www.gobe.si/Gobe/AmanitaSpissa

Your server response headers include the following line:

is that correct?

Try adding the following two HTML header lines (two lines of PHP code
for your config.php, four lines in this message - watch for wrapping)

    $HTMLHeaderFmt[] =
       "\n  <meta http-equiv='Content-Type' content='text/html;
charset=ISO-8859-1' />";
    $HTMLHeaderFmt[] =
       "\n  <meta http-equiv='Content-Language' content='en' />\n";

substituting your language code and character set.

Hagan