[pmwiki-users] Re: css background-image positioning

Hans design at flutesong.fsnet.co.uk
Fri Jul 29 13:50:30 CDT 2005

Friday, July 29, 2005, 7:16:15 PM, Patrick wrote:
> If there's a useful syntax for it that we can implement,
> great, otherwise we just leave it to the raw HTML and
> admin support to handle.

Well we got the (:div:) markup now and can declare styles in there,
including background-images (thanks for clearing that up, I honestly
thought it would not be possible!). So not to be able to do this in
%block% and other styles is no loss really.

>> And I don't know how to specify a background image to the whole
>> #wikitext div via markup.

> Seems to me that this ought to have a special markup.

Yes. This can be very useful.
How about (:background url=html-path  specifiers :)
and have that translated into
HTMLStylesFmt = " #wikitext { background:url(html-path) specifiers }

specifiers could be repeat-x, repeat-y no-repeat, center, i.e. the
usual css background attributes

Best,
~Hans