[pmwiki-users] Restructuring wiki installation, any ideas?

Benjamin Wilson ameen at dausha.net
Fri Jul 29 06:31:19 CDT 2005

I've played with this recently. BenWilson July 20, 2005.

* In the interests of FarmSecurity, and easy upgrade-downgrade of
software, all I have in the web directory is /pub, /wiki.d, and index.php.
   o I put /pmwiki-2.0.beta?? in a non-web accessible directory. When
each new release comes out, I expand it into its own directory (thus, I
may have /pmwiki-2.0.beta47 and /pmwiki-2.0.beta50 side-by-side). I then
symlink the version I want running to pmwiki-latest.
   o I have my site-specific directories (i.e. /cookbook and site-wide
/local) in /pmwiki-farm directory. Within that directory, I will have
/pmwiki-farm/cookbook and /pmwiki-farm/local, and also pmwiki-farm/pub.
   o I symlink pmwiki-farm/pub to each field /pub. Thus, change once,
affect all.

This all results in:

  /pmwiki-2.0.beta48
  /pmwiki-2.0.beta50 (symlinked to pmwiki-latest)
  /pmwiki-latest
  /pmwiki-farm
     /pub
     /cookbook
     /local

My index.php file has only
include_once("/path/to/pmwiki-latest/pmwiki.php");

In each field I have the following . . .

  index.php (including the farm-wide pmwiki.php)
  /pub (symlinked to /path/to/pmwiki-farm/pub
  /wiki.d
  /local/config.php

Each field will include its own set of Cookbook recipes. I tend to run
the same basic half dozen, so they are put into farmconfig.php, and each
different recipe is then individually included via local.php.

If you want field wiki.ds in a different place, change the value of
$WorkDir in each local/config.php. In the aforementioned /pmwiki-farm
directory, you could add a /fields subdirectory. For example:
   /pmwiki-farm/fields
     /field-1-wiki.d
     /field-2-wiki.d

Ben