[pmwiki-users] improved markup for floating images...?

Hans design at flutesong.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Jul 28 19:16:44 CDT 2005

Thursday, July 28, 2005, 8:09:00 PM, Patrick wrote:
> Okay, the current implementation of image floating is now available
> on pmwiki.org for people to test and play with.

Seeing the Caption in action my first reaction was: can it not be
centred? Second thought: some might like the caption left-aligned,
some might want it right-aligned too.

previous solution: use  a simple table.

So I wonder if the syntax can like be this:

   image.jpg"alt text" | caption centred to image |

   image.jpg"alt text" |caption left aligned to image |

   image.jpg"alt text" | caption right aligned to image|

following the way it is done in simple table syntax.

And why is the space necessary after the image, can the
vertical line not follow directly?
To put in an empty space is something one may forget easily.

Best,
~Hans