[pmwiki-users] improved markup for floating images...?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Jul 28 14:11:27 CDT 2005

On Thu, Jul 28, 2005 at 04:23:45PM +0100, Ed W wrote:
> Again, I might be biased, but I prefer the | character because it seems
> to be used a lot in other wiki systems for a seperator, hence feels
> consistent to me.

Actually, I ran across the Wikpedia "gallery" syntax, and they use:

    <gallery>
    Image:Wiki.png
    Image:Wiki.png|Captioned
    Image:Wiki.png
    Image:Wiki.png|[[Wikipedia|Links]] can be put in captions.
    Image:Wiki.png
    Image:Wiki.png|Full [[wikipedia]]<br />[[syntax]] may now be used
    </gallery>

This seems to tell me that the vertical brace is the way to go for
captions.  :-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Gallery