[pmwiki-users] improved markup for floating images...?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Jul 27 11:00:09 CDT 2005

On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 11:52:22AM -0400, Neil Herber wrote:
> At 2005-07-27  10:18 AM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
> >First, the notion of "image" is now gone from my request for a good
> >shortcut name; instead of "float image right with margin" I'm now
> >looking for a shortcut name that implies "float right with margin",
> >as it can be used for more than just images.
>
> Perhaps the caffeine just hit the wrong nerve ending, but the name "flight"
> sprang into my mind. ;->

One of my first thoughts when writing this was %fleft%  to mean
"floating left", but somehow %fright% isn't the reaction I want to be
evoking in authors... :-)

   %fl%          %fr%
   %fleft%       %fright%
   %flleft%      %flright%
   %leftf%       %rightf%

...sigh...

Hey!!  What about %onleft% and %onright%, or perhaps %toleft% and %toright% ?