[pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Nesting elements (Was: Numbered lists ...)

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Wed Jul 27 10:47:07 CDT 2005

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 03:49:25PM +0200, chr at home.se wrote:
> > I prefer using '->' as above, the misalignment in indentation doesn't
> > bother me that much. However, let's not forget how this should interact
> > with other blocks. What about this for instance:
> >
> > 	# Item 1.
> > 	-> :term: Definition
> > 	# Item 2.
>
> Currently (both in reality and in my view of the proposal) that's
> the text ":term:Definition" rendered as a paragraph at indent level 1.
> To do a nested definition list one does:
>
>     # Item 1
>     ::term:Definition
>     # Item 2
>
> Put another way, I don't think that "->" should remove the "has to
> start at the beginning of a markup line" requirement of the list
> markups.

I was thinking of '->' as an operator, that increases the indentation of
whatever comes next.

Does this look better to you

	->:term: definition, indented once
	-->:term: definition, indented twice

It's not a big thing, I'd just thought it'd be nice with a single markup
to increase indentation for most stuff. But maybe there isn't anything
besides '::' and normal paragrahs that need indentation?

/Christian