[pmwiki-users] Re: Numbered lists and multi-paragraph

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Tue Jul 26 19:59:57 CDT 2005

On Wednesday, 27 July 2005 10:37 AM, chr at home.se wrote:
>Anyway, as for the second case with the enumerated list, I was reminded of
>how easy it is in Lyx to create arbitrarily compliated list. The principle
>was that each "element" had a "nesting level". So when you wanted a
>paragraph of normal text to not break a list, you simply increased the
>nesting level of that paragraph. As a side effect, this also indented the
>paragraph by default. Taking inspiration from there, maybe we could do it
>with this kind of markup:
>
>We don't necessarily have to use '->' to indicate nesting, we could use
>'=>' instead for instance. But I think I'd prefer redefining '->' to mean
>increasing the nesting level, and have it indent normal paragraphs as a
>side/styling effect.

Could we /not/ use '=>' -- the markup extensions use => to indicate right
aligned text; =< means left aligned and both are omitted from printable
views, enabling one to write, for example

=>[[#top | Top]]

=<To create a printable view of the trail, press '@Publish@'

These appear on screen but not in print.

And on the features front, if I am editing such an indented block,
can I select the whole block, click an indent (or outdent) gui edit
button and move the entire block in or out?

--
JR