[pmwiki-users] SearchExtensions

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Tue Jul 26 18:48:40 CDT 2005

On Tuesday, 26 July 2005 9:29 PM, K.A.Bouton <k.a.bouton at reading.ac.uk> wrote:
>Next problem

I have made the code more like the current pmwiki pagelist.php code.
The old code was possibly creating incorrect search box code in a site
using a wiki farm.

Try downloading the latest version of search2.php from the
Cookbook.SearchExtensions and see if that makes a difference.

If not, can I see a url, so I can look at what's being generated?

Other comments below.

>Have PmWiki.SearchQuickReference with searchbox and sidebar
>with search box
>
>1. in the searchbox on SearchQuickReference I enter test
>A) I get results from ALL groups even though I have searchpattern to exclude
>various groups

I'm not able to reproduce this behaviour. I set

$SearchPatterns['normal'][] = '!^PmWiki\.!';

in my config.php file and a search correctly omitted references in
the PmWiki group.

>From the message, it appears you have a farm-based set-up.
Do you also have a non-farm based installation and does the problem
also occur in that environment? I tested it in a non-farm environment, so
this is one possible source of the problem.

>B) in the searchbox on SearchQuickReference I enter Main/test I get just the
>results from Group Main - which is good.
>C) If I enter 'test' again in SearchQuickReference I get Warning:
>preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: Unknown modifier 't' in
>/pmwiki/pmwiki.php on line 974  repeated about 30 times in the sidebar and
>in the main window. This is a MarkupToHTML error
>D) If I hit the back button, then select a link from one of the results, I
>get the error msg again as above.

Is there a url for the site I can look at, with action=diag enabled?

>2. If I go to Field/ and enter test in sidebar I get a page that wants to be
>created as Field/Main/index.php/Group/Name which of course
>doesn't exist?

I think the change I made might fix this -- we can but try it and see.

>Anyway - not working for me for some reason.
>
>An pmwiki action=search that would allow me to have a site.searchform or a
>field.group.searchform, returning either a page in the site or a page
>withing the field would be good.

But first, let's get it working correctly!

--
JR