[pmwiki-users] Re: Re: %comment% problem

V.Krishn mistyfire at autograf.pl
Tue Jul 26 16:11:23 CDT 2005

> On Wednesday 27 July 2005 02:04, Neil Herber <nospam at eton.ca> wrote:
> > > Secondly, how bright is the idea of having a seperate "field" devoted
> > > to pmwiki "api"?
> >
> >I'm becoming a real fan of fields so I like it. The drawback I've
> >discovered is referring to pages in another field. When describing the
> >API, we'd probably frequently want to refer to the original
> >documenation...
>
> Why not just make it an API group?
Hmmm.... I thought of that, by using API as group in the present setup would:
1. Reduce the namespace for groups and its associated pagenames
eg.
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/api/Variables/<pagename>
or
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/api/Functions/<pagename>
...would not be possible.

2. It increases complexity and wilderness for newbies.