[pmwiki-users] Re: Re: %comment% problem

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Tue Jul 26 14:30:39 CDT 2005

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005, V.Krishn wrote:

> > On Tuesday 26 July 2005 19:32, pmichaud at pobox.com wrote:
> >
> > As far as documentation is concerned, right now we have the "problem"
> > that PmWiki has so many useful things in it that it's hard to
> > document them all in a way that's easy to locate and understand.
> > I'm desperately looking for help and suggestions on ways to improve
> > that, if not people to actually write the documentation.
> >
> > Pm

> I would be able to give couple of hours a week, but I thought it best if
> we started the real process of exhautive documentation and
> re-organization once 2.0 is released. Primarily due to the reason that
> then there would be some stability and the dynamic changes that beta
> brings would be comparatively less, we be then concentrating more on bug
> fixes than feature inclusions.

It is a good point. Going "sideways", I'd just like to point out that I
think we at least ought ot decide on how the documentation should be
structured before we go and release 2.0. This won't depend on the changes
that the beta is going through.

> Secondly, how bright is the idea of having a seperate "field" devoted to
> pmwiki "api"?

I'm becoming a real fan of fields so I like it. The drawback I've
discovered is referring to pages in another field. When describing the
API, we'd probably frequently want to refer to the original
documenation...

/C