[pmwiki-users] Re: %comment% problem

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Jul 26 12:15:01 CDT 2005

On Tue, Jul 26, 2005 at 06:22:51PM +0200, chr at home.se wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Jul 2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>
> > As far as documentation is concerned, right now we have the "problem"
> > that PmWiki has so many useful things in it that it's hard to document
> > them all in a way that's easy to locate and understand. I'm desperately
> > looking for help and suggestions on ways to improve that, if not people
> > to actually write the documentation.
>
> I agree this is a problem (I haven't been able to follow all the stuff
> that's happened recently for instance).
>
> Would you say this is a goal for 2.0, 2.1 or later?

It's currently a goal for 2.0.  But perhaps it's an unreachable goal.

> PS. And it probably deserves a few threads of it own.
> PPS. I think using categories and toc's will help ease the burden a bit.

I don't disagree on either of these points, but based on what
we've had so far it seems like the obstacle is something fundamentally
different from finding the right markup/syntax/tools.  What we
really need are some organizing principles for the documentation.