[pmwiki-users] %comment% problem

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Tue Jul 26 10:21:42 CDT 2005

>I haven't looked at MediaWiki's syntax lately; how does one do
>comments there?

Dunno.  Don't think you can?  Probably you can use real HTML comments...

>As far as documentation is concerned, right now we have the "problem"
>that PmWiki has so many useful things in it that it's hard to
>document them all in a way that's easy to locate and understand.
>I'm desperately looking for help and suggestions on ways to improve
>that, if not people to actually write the documentation.

I think the current docs aren't too bad, they are just a little
ambitious in terms of being encyclopedic and hence hard to get
finished...  Also people seem to write questions in them instead of just
fixing them up (are people scared to update the PM docs..?).  I think
the mailing list is for questions and the wiki should be for documenting
the answers...

Anyway, media wiki has an interesting way around this, they just stick
everything on one page and call it a bunch of examples:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:How_to_edit_a_page

They then reference off to sub pages when the topic starts to get
advanced, eg like that link to the "advanced" image formatting that I
sent earlier

Seems to work ok.  Clearly the PM way is "better", but it's a question
of which gets the job done I suppose...  The current PM way might leave
things a little spread out?

Ed W