[pmwiki-users] Skins and Custom Edit Forms

Hans design at flutesong.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Jul 26 08:32:52 CDT 2005

Tuesday, July 26, 2005, 1:53:37 PM, Patrick wrote:
> Or, the skin can set it only if it's not set already, by using
> SDV ("set default value"):

>     SDV($PageEditForm, '$[Site.EditForm]');
> or
>     SDV($PageEditForm, 'Site.myskin-EditForm');

> This means that the skin can suggest an alternate edit form that is
> used upon install, but the admin is still free to override
> the skin's choice by explicitly setting $PageEditForm in
> config.php.

The first introduces the option that users can choose to create edit
forms, unless it is explicitly set different in config.php.
I do not expect this to be set explicitly for a default installation,
and I do not expect user-customisation to be enabled by default.

The second does not rely on XLPage, so that would be preferable.

Best,
~Hans