[pmwiki-users] How do I only let authorized users edit pages?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Jul 24 18:40:55 CDT 2005

On Sun, Jul 24, 2005 at 04:00:16PM -0700, John M. Gabriele wrote:
> > For that, I presently use UserAuth to manage several web sites. UserAuth
> > gives user/password control and allows administrators to manage users
> > and their roles via the browser.
>
> Sounds like UserAuth is set to eventually make it into the pmwiki proper.

Actually, probably not directly.  UserAuth takes a different approach
to authorization than what I wanted to support, and I think UserAuth
can only authenticate against its own database.  AuthUser is the official
authorization system for PmWiki, but it was only added a month or so ago
and doesn't have any sort of user registration system yet.

That said, there's nothing wrong with UserAuth -- it's just another
mechanism for handling page authorizations.