[pmwiki-users] user-customisation of edit form

Hans design at flutesong.fsnet.co.uk
Fri Jul 22 17:52:37 CDT 2005

Friday, July 22, 2005, 8:02:35 PM, Patrick wrote:
>> So I wonder if we can experiment on pmwiki.org with user customised edit
>> forms, and like to ask Patrick to add to config.php
>>     $PageEditForm = '$[Site.EditForm]'

> Now done on pmwiki.org; I still haven't decided if this should be
> the distribution default.

I could not get it to work, unfortunately.
I set up a page Profiles.Hans-EditForm
and a page Profiles.Hans-Preferences
which has 'Site.EditForm' => 'Profiles.Hans-EditForm',
on it. The setprefs cookie did set alright. Changing access keys work
as well, but the custom edit form does not show.
Any idea why?

> Now back to the issue of edit forms, and more generally, let's
> look at the ways in which skins can provide custom settings.

I will start testing your proposals, they sound good.
Not sure if I understand it all, but experimentation will tell...

Best,
~Hans