author names WAS Re: [pmwiki-users] How can I ... ?

Radu radu at monicsoft.net
Fri Jul 22 09:13:14 CDT 2005

Pm, how about keeping 3 author variables in each page? The current
viewer should be $Reader, the original author gets $Author and the
last editor gets $LastAuthor.

That would make more sense than calling the reader $Author :)

This may have to wait till a 2.1 release, since it may have to do
some global replace on wiki.d and will also influence several
existing cookbooks. Should this go in PITS or is it there already?
(If so, I could not find it)

At 08:16 AM 7/22/2005, you wrote:
>1) adjust the position of the logo in the upper left corner? I already
>tried some CSS code, but that made a margin around *all* pics, e.g.,
>edit buttons. :-| I want to center my logo above the SideBar and
>increase margin to the below horizontal rule. see sig for URL

First follow the previous advice about changing the template. Make a
copy on which you can play, so that possible updates from Pm will not
overwrite your changes. And so if you make a mistake, you can also
have a quick model to fix the boo-boos.

You could add the CSS you want specifically to #wikilogo, or better
yet, in an online style attribute, right in the div (<DIV id=wikilogo
style="..."> Check http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/Layers for style
suggestions)
>2) ... add the autor's name and a link to his profile page to the footer
>w/o changing the default skin template?

What would you put for author name? the person who created the page?
the one who edited it most recently? I'm not aware of the existence
of these two variables; the only one I know is who's currently
looking at it ($Author).

If you use the default skin, or a compatible one, you can set

  $PageFooterFmt="created by: ... last modified by: ...";

Cheers,
Radu
(www.monicsoft.net)