[pmwiki-users] Re: user-customisation of edit form

zgrauer at earthlink.net zgrauer at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 20 15:39:24 CDT 2005

I can't say that I know how to authenticate the edit form, but the generic solution to a user inadvertently deleting or
deforming an important file is to have a template form that is read only (at least to the user, possibly to all), and let
the user work on a copy of that template for his customization. Perhaps the edit form button generates the new file
from the template.

Say we have form.template and form.user; If the user messes up his file (form.user), he simply deletes or rolls it back.

Once a form.user is created, it should be the default for the specific user. This way we can have the cake and eat it (or,
actually, have two cakes and eat one as many times as we like. Hmmm, perpetuum mobile ad nauseum, whatever
that means).

Zvi.