[pmwiki-users] Site.EditForm -- div does not wrap contents

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Jul 19 16:14:10 CDT 2005

On Tue, Jul 19, 2005 at 09:39:16PM +0100, Hans wrote:
> > But in the HTML produced, the edit quickref is not being wrapped by
> > the div properly.  See by viewing source of
> > http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Main/WikiSandbox?action=edit&editform=Test.EditFormWrapDiv.
> >  I checked on both my testbed and on pmwiki.org.
>
> you can't wrap the EditQuickReference in  a div, because
> a) I think you can't wrap a (:include ...:) markup in a (:div:)
> markup (but I am not sure about this),

There's no problem with having an (:include ...:) within a (:div:).
However, if the (:include:) has any (:div:) or (:table:) markups
in it, they'll terminate the previous div just as if they had been
in the "outer" markup.

> b) the content of EditQuickReference is an advanced table markup,
> and you can't wrap advanced tables in (:div:) markups (Otherwise you
> could have used the (:div:) markup in the page which gets included)
>
> suggested workaround:
> Rebuild EditQuickReference without table, and use div markup there.

There's generally little reason to wrap a table in a div -- just add
any wanted attributes directly to the table.  I.e., instead of
trying to do

   (:div id='something':)
   (:table:)
   (:tableend:)