[pmwiki-users] Switching (:include:) context

V.Krishn mistyfire at autograf.pl
Mon Jul 18 18:27:34 CDT 2005

On Tuesday 19 July 2005 03:32, John Rankin wrote:
> On Monday, 18 July 2005 10:59 PM, V.Krishn <mistyfire at autograf.pl> wrote:
> >Here at http://insteps.net/notebook2/channel.php/Test/IncludeApproaches I
> > have tried to sketch my understading of the current approach of "include"
> > directive in PmWiki alongwith a suggestion.
> >I hope I have understood how (:include:) works.
> >Your suggestions would be great.
> >
> >Regards.
> >V.Krishn
>
> FYI and FWIW, the (:includeg Group.PageName:) cross-group
> include recipe (included with the PageRename recipe)
> qualifies any unqualified page references with 'Group' so
> links continue to refer to the source group. It would be
> a simple matter to enhance this so that it translates
> references to {$Group} and {$Groupspaced} as well, if
> required. It's easier to translate $Group references
> than to figure out which links to qualify.
>
> I'm in 2 minds as to whether this is a good idea or not,
> so would probably make it an option, rather than impose it.
The rename recipe is really handy, specially when you are at different comp
and do not have ftp password. Otherwise I think it is a missing feature from
core PmWiki.
Rename recipe I guess is actually copying the old content to the destined new
page and modifying the content to correct the referenced/relative
variables/links, which makes the recipe complex making it suitable for a
cookbook recipe.

With my understanding I think the mechanism for processing (:include:) with
reference to any $pagename already exists. One only needs to add a "fork"
mechanism and after processing merge the two.

Having this feature as default increases the expectancy of novice writers. As
creating links like [[HomePage]] is much easier than [[SomeGroup.HomePage]],
which keeps the flow of writing smooth.

Regards
V.Krishn