[pmwiki-users] PIT conflicts with Guestbook (was: PITS does not add a new issue number)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Jul 14 15:48:17 CDT 2005

On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 11:23:37PM -0500, David Sovinski wrote:
> I'm still hoping to get some help to figure out why they conflict.
> "Config One"
> include_once('cookbook/PITS.php');
> include_once('cookbook/guestbook.php');
> PITS will not get a new issue number

The guestbook.php recipe takes some serious liberties with setting
the value of $pagename -- in particular, it undoes any setting of
$pagename that might've been done by a previous recipe or config.php
setting.  So, guestbook.php needs to be rewritten to not do this;
in the meantime it means it must be loaded before anything else.

> "Config Two"
> include_once('cookbook/guestbook.php');
> include_once('cookbook/PITS.php');
> guestbook does not work but PITS does

How does the guestbook "not work" -- i.e., what is failing
about the guestbook?