[pmwiki-users] Re: Status of Posting to PmWiki Using Email

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Jul 14 15:19:42 CDT 2005

On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 03:06:02PM -0500, John Feezell wrote:
> I remember a discussion, many moons ago, about procedures that
> could be used to post to PmWiki using a 'markup' in an email that
> would be sent to a particular email address setup for just that
> purpose.
>
> What's the current status of that process under v2.0beta?  Any
> documentation available?

Tom Hoover had prototyped a system for this in PmWiki v1 and
had it running on his system, but I don't know that it was
ever made into a complete recipe.  And it would certainly need
to be revised for v2 (although it shouldn't be any more difficult
to do in v2, and could be easier).

It will be much easier when PmWiki adds an "insert" or "append"
action for adding text to an existing page (because one doesn't have
to worry about simultaneous edit conflicts).