[pmwiki-users] Re: Site.EditForm

V.Krishn mistyfire at autograf.pl
Wed Jul 13 16:47:24 CDT 2005

On Thursday 14 July 2005 02:36, you wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 02:47:11AM +0530, V.Krishn wrote:
> > Presently, I tried removing the file "Site.EditForm", but the fall-back
> > code did not get triggered during editing. ;-)
>
> Right, the fallback isn't complete yet -- we need to trigger the
> fallback based on more than just the absence/presence of the
> Site.EditForm page.
>
> Pm
I noticed PITS/00308 is closed.
But I think one section :
"...I would think a separate template specifically for the edit portion of the
page would be ideal ........ "
Has not be discussed much. Since there is going to be an addition of
significant sanity check codes for "Site.EditForm" is it a good idea to have
"skin-edit.tmpl" and "skin-edit.php" that would take care of those stuffs.

We could also have something like below, to increase uniformity
<!--SkinEditFmt-->
<!--/SkinEditFmt-->

and other codes in skin-edit.php.
This would increase modularity of the code, segregating functionality from
structure.

V.Krishn