[pmwiki-users] 2.0.beta44 released, major new features and changes

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Jul 11 01:17:48 CDT 2005

On Mon, Jul 11, 2005 at 01:01:09AM -0500, Chris Cox wrote:
> Chris Cox wrote:
> >Actually, it's easier than doing css now.. .just edit Site.EditForm
> >You can now change the look and feel via markup!
>
> Any way using the markup to change the width of the e_textarea to
> fill the width of the window?  Apparently you can set cols... I guess
> it's possible with css though, that's how I did it before.. just that
> specifying the target has changed (don't want to use cols... hardcodes
> it... want it to be dynamic based on browser width).

You can still resize it to 100% using css -- the css values will
override any cols= and rows= settings (at least they do in my browsers).
A simple mechanism for doing this is:

    $HTMLStylesFmt['textarea'] = ' textarea#text { width:98%; } ';

I normally use 98% instead of 100% for this because IE tends to
make the textarea a few pixels too large.

Another way to do this is to place the line

    textarea#text { width:98%; }

in pub/css/local.css .

Or define a CSS class 'fullwidth { width:98%; }' and then use
(:id e_textarea class=fullwidth:) in the markup.