[pmwiki-users] Page-wide "Prevent Formatting"

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Jul 10 13:15:40 CDT 2005

On Sun, Jul 10, 2005 at 01:20:16PM -0400, DaveG wrote:
> I have some pages where certain abbreviations are very common. Putting
> [= xxx =] tags around every occurence is more than tedious :)
>
> Is there a way to make the "Prevent Formatting" ([= xxx =]) tags apply
> to all instances of the specified text within a page?

Well, first note that `WikiWord is often an easier alternative to
writing [=WikiWord=].

Beyond that, individual wikiwords can be disabled by the site administrator
by using

   $WikiWordCount['WikiWord'] = 0;

There's been discussion here about providing a directive that could
disable specific wikiwords within a page, but I haven't found a good
name for it yet.