[pmwiki-users] Blocklist2

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Jul 9 19:43:55 CDT 2005

On Sat, Jul 09, 2005 at 08:19:16PM -0400, DaveG wrote:
> I tried using blocklist with the sample list, and hit the following
> lines, which caused no end of problems. A particular problem since the
> variables $EnableWhyBlocked and $WhyBlockedFmt do not seem to be
> declared anywhere, meaning posters (and admins) have no idea *why*
> something was blocked. Did I miss something somewhere?

No, it appears that something happened to the blocklist2.php
script in the cookbook (at the moment it seems to be exactly
the same as old blocklist.php, which doesn't provide the
$EnableWhyBlocked and $WhyBlockedFmt variables that blocklist2.php
had.  If Crisses or someone can restore the blocklist2.php script
onto the site for us ...

> block:no spam    (the space here blocks occurences of the word "no"
> block:anten         (blocked "antenna"

This isn't working because the older version of blocklist didn't
know how to deal with spaces or substrings.

I don't think we need two scripts; I'd be in favor of just
having a single Blocklist recipe (based on Crisses' version of the
script).