[pmwiki-users] generated documentation available

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Fri Jul 8 20:04:56 CDT 2005

I downloaded the latest PmWiki and created auto-generated code
documentation with doxygen, then ported the documentation to my
website so people can see what the program does.  Doxygen is a GPL
software that can be scheduled to run over the latest PmWiki code
periodically if it has access to it.  Or if we just standardize the
commenting in the code and modules a tiny bit (comment becomes //!
for example -- instead of // to be included in the auto-
documentation), we can personally run doxygen over our own
installations of PmWiki for ourselves.

I only played with (ie formatted) the comments in two files.
pmwiki.php (because it had some comments hidden in the code that
would be usable) and rssenclosures.php (my own cookbook module --
because I already commented it when coding -- and it gives a good
example for how to make compatible comments in the code that will
show up in the documentation).

This link points to the html list of all the files in the
distribution that doxygen evaluated:

http://www.kinhost.org/wikidocs/files.html

click on the pmwiki.php link to see how the evaluation of the file
and it's components looks.

The documentation for the rss file is shorter, but pmwiki.php is the
one that will be more useful for developers to look at, for all the
function cross-referencing, variable definitions, code snippets, and
stuff.  Both could use a little prettying up.

I'd love to do more development for PmWiki, and this type of
documentation would certainly make some portion of it easier.

Crisses
----
Sade tell me what is it that you seek?
The rightness of wrong, The virtue of vice
Sade tell me why the Gospel of evil?
What is your religion? Where are your faithful?
If you are against God, you are against man.
Sade tell me why blood for pleasure?
Pleasure without love?
Is there no longer any feeling in man's Faith?
Sade are you diabolical or divine?
  -- Enigma, Sadness Part 1 (translation from French)