[pmwiki-users] Re: Cudos and Cookbook.Functions (Was: variables for customization)

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Fri Jul 8 02:03:10 CDT 2005

On Thu, 7 Jul 2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 08, 2005 at 12:07:13AM +0200, chr at home.se wrote:
> > I'd just like to say that your posts have been very civilized and that I
> > haven't noticed any signficant anger or frustration in them. Cudos to you!
> > (As a sidenote, Pm did seem agitated at times:-)
>
> Sorry about any agitation that leaked onto the list -- the last couple
> of days have had a variety of battles, most annoyingly that my web
> hosting provider started blocking outgoing ssh connections from my
> host, thus preventing any synchronization/updates with CVS on
> sourceforge; and it took five days of being handed off to various
> tech support personnel before I could even get an answer (much less
> a fix).

No offense taken - in fact, under those circumstances I'm surprised you
haven't been even more agitated. Getting the run around like that is
extremely frustrating!

> > PS. Patrick, could you perhaps enable John's TOC for Cookbook.Functions?
>
> I'll look at Cookbook.Functions and see what I can come up with. I'm
> thinking that the Functions documentation may more properly belong in
> the PmWiki group.

I really like Joachims original thought that Cookbook.Functions is
supposed to give a ''brief'' overview of functions that might be useful to
administrators and recipe writers. This is however IMHO quite different
from detailed descriptions of functions and how to use them. So I'd like
this to remain separated - different pages for different purposes.

It would however be good to use (:include ...:) to include excerpts from
whereever the functions are properly described, thus placing the brief
descriptions in Cookbook.Functions.