[pmwiki-users] WikiForms issues

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Wed Jul 6 19:52:39 CDT 2005

On Wednesday, 6 July 2005 11:59 PM, Hugo Fjelsted Alrøe <Hugo.Alroe at agrsci.dk> wrote:
>I have begun using this excellent issue tracking tool, and it
>works well in most ways - Thank you, John, for being so
>helpful. I do have a few more suggestions and questions,
>though.
>
>1. Could the layout of the issue pages be made more condensed?
>Compare for instance the layout of WikiForms
>http://orgprints.org/wiki/Issues/00005 and PITS
>http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/00279. I think there could be
>just one line for each field, like in PITS. With the WikiForms
>CSS styling, this would still be clear and you would be able to
>see more of what the issue was about on one screen page.

Try downloading the WikiFormCSS.php and change
#wikitext dt { font-weight: bold; }
#wikitext dt { font-weight: bold; float: left; margin-right: 0.2em; }

For an example, see
http://intranet.affinity.co.nz/pmwiki2/index.php?n=Issues.00004

However, empty fields then need to contain a non-breaking space
(backtick-space if you have the MarkupExtensions installed).
Otherwise, you get (for example)

Resolution: Date closed:

If this is an issue, we can change the script to force (and then
remove) a &nbsp; in all empty fields.

>2. Is it necessary to go by way of the edit forms to save the
>page when the form has been submitted? Why not just go directly
>to the saved page (and make the Submit button a Save button)?
>It is nice that there is both the option of edit form and edit
>page, but the extra step makes edit form a bit confusing for
>the new user, I think, and more cumbersome for experienced
>users.

Try setting

$WikiFormSubmit = 'post';

By default, it's set to 'preview'.

>3. Besides all the ways of ordering and including fields in the
>wikilist directive, is it possible to set a default ordering
>like the one set in the template? E.g. (:wikilist -*priority:)
>and (:wikilist +*assignedto:) will show two differently ordered
>lists by default, even though they are not default in the
>template? (I know the lists can be ordered by the user clicking
>the headings, so this is only a minor issue).

Leave that one with me to investigate :)

--
JR