[pmwiki-users] variables for customization

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Wed Jul 6 15:32:24 CDT 2005

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 08:49:45AM +0200, Christophe David wrote:
>
>> According to the documentation (snippets below), I would expect
>> "page" as $PageName, and not "group.page" .
>
> The documentation is wrong there; none of $Group, $PageName, and
> $FullName are variables in the normal sense.  They're only available
> through FmtPageName().

Actually the docs are right - I think Christophe took the information
from http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki.BasicVariables , which documents
the variables available to module writers.

The variables available to page writers are documented on
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/MarkupMasterIndex , right in the first
section.

Maybe there should be a conscious grouping of docs:
* Wikipage writers/editors (currently in PmWiki)
* Module and skin writers/editors (currently in PmWiki and Cookbook)
* Wiki administrators (currently in PmWiki and Cookbook)

Regards,
Jo