[pmwiki-users] First Field Farm Problem

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Wed Jul 6 11:59:59 CDT 2005

At 2005-07-06  12:46 PM -0400, Benoît Pruneau is rumored to have said:
>I want to create a farm with a field.
>
>The wikifarm is at <http://wikifarm.icotech.ca>http://wikifarm.icotech.ca
>The field is at <http://progestech.icotech.ca>http://progestech.icotech.ca
>
>In the farm, I create a local/farmconfig.php like this:
>

><?php
>Â Â Â Â Â  $FarmPubDirUrl = "http://wikifarm.icotech.ca/pub";
>Â Â Â Â Â  $EnableLocalConfig = 1;
>Â Â Â Â Â  $EnableDiag=1;
>Â Â Â Â Â  include_once('local/config.php');
>?>
>In the field I create field.php like this:
>

><?php
>include(<http://wikifarm.icotech.ca/pmwiki.php>"http://wikifarm.icotech.ca/pmwiki.php");
>?>
>... and a local/config.php like this:

Benoit

You may have 2 or more problems here.

First, the include in the field has to include a directory path, not a URL.
That is, it is a file system reference that will look something like this:

include('C:/Apache Group/Apache2/path/to/pmwiki/pmwiki.php')  (on Windoze)

Second, whatever file contains this include must be the default file served
for the field URL. Unless you have set Apache up to look for "field.php" as
a default file, this will not work.

Renaming the file "index.php" should do the trick.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668