[pmwiki-users] Markup engine global improvement

Dominique Faure dominique.faure.1 at free.fr
Wed Jul 6 01:49:53 CDT 2005

Hi,

Following some threads about markup internal improvements (aka. Keep()), I
was thinking of some major improvements that could be made to the engine
itself:
Encapsulate all the markup stuff into a class (as it has already been made
for PageStore). This way, it could be a lot easier for the engine to
generate something else than (x)html from wiki page: pdf, latex, rss,...

My initial idea was to generate pdf file from wiki pages by translating html
code with the help of a light skin template like the 'print' one, but I
didn't want (know how) to write a full html to pdf converter (the real
challenge was to get it using only php, external binary tools and non-free
extensions are forbidden).

Regards,
Dom